Tuesday 4 February 2014

Pantomime Season!

As soon as I started back at University for my final year back in September, we were straight in with making costumes for the Winchester Theatre Royal Pantomime. I luckily was able to make the costume for the Lady in the Mirror, who was a major role in the show. There was so much to do for this project - even though I was only to make one costume, we were all a big team and were helping out each other all the time. I made a large 50's petticoat to go underneath the costume, and then the top fabric was made with hand sewn lace on beautiful fabrics that we sourced in London with the designer. It was a fantastically challenging project as it was the first time I felt fully responsible for a costume in the industry. At the end of the project a few of us volunteered to do a few days helping at the theatre before opening night. Unfortunately a few of the other costumes that were made by professionals in London didn't fit properly and were made a little oddly and therefore me and the girls reconstructed a few of the garments as well as taking on a Wardrobe mistress/supervisor role. This was fantastic experience with beautiful outcomes; sold out tickets and many pleased audiences.












No comments:

Post a Comment