Tuesday 4 February 2014

CATS the Musical

Straight after working on all the Pantomimes I was offered an amazing opportunity to go and work as a Dresser/Costume Supervisor on the tour of Cats the Musical while it was in Oxford over Christmas. I scheduled up there for the last week before Christmas day. I was there for about an hour and they straight away asked me back for another week after Christmas as a paid job! My first paid costume job! I was absolutely delighted as I adored the people that worked there and felt part of the family straight away. My general role was shoes and costume maintenance between shows, and then a fixed dresser schedule throughout the shows. I did find that it was a very long day when we had Matinee and Evening performances but I was enjoying it just so much that I really didn't think about it! They really did look after me very well; we even had a fun secret Santa!
All the actors and crew were just the most wonderful people and I am so grateful to have been allowed to become part of the team, even if just for a few weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment