Thursday 1 May 2014

Major Project

My Final Major Project at University is one of my proudest moments in costume making so far. Not only did this include the work experience at the Royal Opera house, but I also put all my skills to show in making a Pancake tutu inspired by a design in my Godfathers house which is an original design from the production of Sleeping Beauty, Royal Opera house in 1977 by David Walker.
I am particularly proud of myself in this project because I ended up having to work completely independently due to the illness of my Ballet tutor. I worked so hard into researching the design, how to make a tutu, as well as fishing out all my previous knowledge. Luckily I managed to get myself this work experience as well as a workshop with Serena Fusai, who is a Tutu and costume maker at English National Ballet. This was all fantastic experience and really broadened my knowledge in tutu making.
All of this hard work has finally produced a garment which I am proud to call my Major Project. This will be on show in the Arts University Bournemouth Exhibition in June.














No comments:

Post a Comment